What do you train with fitness bands?
When searching for fitness bands you will find various terms such as power band, resistance band, fitness tubes, gymnastics band, pull-up band or theraband. Not all terms really stand for a different kind of fitness band or a different use. alphaband fitness bands are elastic resistance bands, which were especially designed for strength training and the use as power band. A mobility training is also possible with alphabands but our primary goal is to improve your strength.
Why can training with alphabands be healthier than fitness with weights?
Strength training with alphabands is not only easy on the joints, but also keeps you in a stable posture even during heavy exercises. The more you stretch, the greater the resistance of the ligaments, so that bones, tendons and joints are not stressed too much.
Dumbbell training, on the other hand, always trains against gravity, from bottom to top. If you want to lift a weight when bench pressing and you have not yet stretched your arms completely, this posture is problematic for your joints, because your shoulders are in the weakest position, but still have to hold a heavy weight.
With alphabands in this position, the resistance of the ligaments is also low, so that you can spare your joints – even when you do exercises horizontally or from top to bottom.
Why would I buy alphabands right now?
alphaband inspire in subtle colours and do not necessarily remind of the flashy 90s. Due to new production methods, they have an improved elasticity and thus form the logical further development of our first generation of fitness bands. Although alphabands are super-compact, they are stronger and more elastic. This means they last extremely long and are still easy to clean. Because they are made of polyurethane, even allergy sufferers can train with alphabands.
What do I have to consider when buying?
- The right quality: When buying your new fitness band, make sure that it is stable, does not smell of rubber and has a pleasant texture. That way you will have fun with your band for a long time.
- Resistance strength: The strength of the resistance determines how intense your training is. As a beginner, you should therefore start with a low resistance level, which you gradually increase. Ideally you should use the bands as a set, so you can adjust the resistance individually and train your legs with a stronger band than your arms.
- The type of fitness band: Fitness bands are available in various designs. Which band you choose depends on how you want to train. If you plan a strength training you should choose a loop or the trainer. For flexibility, stability and stretching exercises, use an open band, as it builds up resistance more slowly and starts with a weaker resistance.
- The double grip on the trainer gives you more control and comfort during training. It allows you to do exercises where you need to hold the strap firmly in your hand, such as side lifting, rowing or curls. By the way: you can also easily remove the handle and do exercises without a handle.
Which exercises can I do with the fitness band?
Fitness bands are suitable, in addition to strengthening exercises, also for warm-up, relaxation exercises and stability training. No matter which part of the body you want to strengthen and whether you train with your own body weight or do dumbbell-like exercises – the bands can really be used everywhere.
You are still an absolute beginner and can’t do much with the exercises or are looking for more inspiration for your next workout? Then take a look at our exercise videos!
What do I have to consider when training?
- Read the instructions that we include with each band.
- Check the band before each training session for damage to avoid possible injuries.
- Do the exercises slowly and keep the tension for a few seconds.
- Hold the band firmly, because if it slips from your hand or foot, it can hurt quite a bit.
- Start off moderately and work your way up slowly to achieve the best possible training progress.