SPECIFICITY / GOALS
- Have something speciﬁc you are training for? This could be short term or long term.
- Run a 5k in 4 weeks or run a 10k in 3 months.
MEASURE / TEST
- Measurements and Tests allow us to track progress to see if training is working.
- Pre Test and Post Test
- Power – Vertical Jump
- Strength – Bench Press
- Endurance – 12 minute run
- Create goals that are challenging but reachable with proper training.
- If you never lifted weights do not expect to be a bodybuilder or world record holder anytime soon.
- Do your goals make sense for you?
- Do you have all that’s needed/required to achieve the goals?
- Training Environment
- Do you have the time to train for what you are trying to achieve?
- Do you have the hours in a day?
- Do you have the right amount of days in a week?
- Do you have enough weeks/months to prepare?